car Hire with children
The Car Hire Video Guide
Search for Car Hire
Welcome to the Car Booker car Hire support and advice hub
Hiring a car and travelling with kids can be fun and exciting, but to make it so, it needs a little planning, otherwise it can be more stressful than necessary. So if you are going on a trip, or travelling with children in a hired car, then here are a few Car Booker tips for make like a little easier:
- At the car hire desk: Only the named drivers need to show a valid driver’s license and be at the desk, so all the rest of you can use to the time to stock up on car treats or get to the rest room.
- If traveling in warm climates remember to bring plenty of water, check your route and plan regular rest breaks.
- Travelling in warm climates: If you are driving somewhere warm, it is always good to have plenty of water in the car and organize your route so that you have plenty of time for breaks, and make sure your car has air conditioning (usually standard).
- Baby seats in hire cars: the most common baby seats available are front facing baby seats. Rear facing baby seats are harder to get, so if you need one, then you should consider pricing your own.
- Getting to your destination: It is often a good idea when travelling somewhere new, and especially with kids in the car, to use a sat nav or GPS. This means that you can stay focused on the road and every can arrive safely.
- When returning the hire car check under the seats and side pockets to make sure your favorite toys and games are not being left behind.