car rental Travelling with children
The Car Rental Video Guide
Search for Car Rental
Welcome to the Car Booker car rental support and advice hub
Traveling with young children in a rental car can be fun and exciting, however if not planed correctly it can sometimes be a little stressful. So here are a few tips for a stress free hire car journey with your young children:
- When you get to the car rental desk only the named drivers need to show a valid driver’s license. So the rest of the family can take this time to enjoy a rest break or stock up with some refreshments.
- If traveling in warm climates remember to bring plenty of water, check your route and plan regular rest breaks.
- UK residents will need to show both parts of their licence.
- When traveling with babies it is worth remembering that generally front facing baby seats are most widely available. Rear facing baby seats can be more limited, so you may consider bringing the one you are familiar with or check with a local supplier for availability.
- Car Booker recommends using a Sat Nav; this allows you to stay focused on the road and on the safety of your children.
- When returning the rental car check under the seats and side pockets to make sure your favorite toys and games are not being left behind.